If you’re running a Facebook business page, you may want to give someone else the ability to manage it. This could be a business partner, employee, or social media manager. By making someone an admin, they’ll be able to help you with page management, post content, and interact with your audience. But how do you make someone an admin on a Facebook business page? In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps.
Understanding Facebook Business Page Roles
Before you make someone an admin, it’s important to understand the different roles available for Facebook business pages. There are six different roles, each with different levels of access:
- Admin: The highest level of access. Admins can manage all aspects of the page, including adding and removing other admins, editing page information, and creating and deleting posts.
- Editor: Can edit the page, create and delete posts, and view insights.
- Moderator: Can respond to and delete comments, send messages, create ads, and view insights.
- Advertiser: Can create and view ads.
- Analyst: Can view insights.
- Live Contributor: Can only create live videos on behalf of the page.
As the page owner, you can assign different roles to different people based on their responsibilities.
Steps to Make Someone an Admin on Facebook Business Page
Here are the steps to make someone an admin on your Facebook business page:
Step 1: Go to Your Page Settings
Log in to Facebook and navigate to your business page. Click on the “Settings” button located at the top right-hand corner of your page.
Step 2: Click on “Page Roles”
On the left-hand side of the screen, you’ll see a list of options. Click on “Page Roles.”
Step 3: Add the Person You Want to Make an Admin
Type the name of the person you want to make an admin in the “Assign a New Page Role” section. Make sure the person is already your Facebook friend or has the email address associated with their Facebook account.
Step 4: Choose the Admin Role
From the dropdown menu, select “Admin.” You can also choose one of the other roles if you don’t want to give the person full access to your page.
Step 5: Confirm and Enter Password
Click “Add” to confirm the person’s new role. Facebook will ask you to enter your password to confirm the change.
And that’s it! The person you added will now have admin access to your Facebook business page.
Tips for Managing Multiple Admins
If you have multiple admins managing your Facebook business page, it’s important to establish guidelines and rules for how the page is managed. Here are a few tips to help you manage multiple admins effectively:
- Establish a clear chain of command.
- Set guidelines for how often to post, what type of content to post, and how to respond to comments.
- Use Facebook’s built-in tools to track changes made by other admins.
- Keep an open line of communication with your team.
Making someone an admin on your Facebook business page is easy. Just follow the steps outlined in this article, and you’ll be able to give someone else the ability to help you manage your page. However, it’s important to remember that with great power comes great responsibility. Make sure you trust the person you’re making an admin and establish clear guidelines for how your page should be managed.